Crusader Kings 2: a new high! (Part 3)

There's a new game mechanic that was new to me: threat level.

CK2 25Mar17_7

I've reached 100% threat level a few times @@. Every now and then, especially when they wanted to arrange marriage with someone in my court, some rulers temporarily left their defensive pacts. I would quickly checked whether they were rulers that I had been wanting to declare war on as that would be the chance to do so without triggering the defensive pacts.

As often as possible, I offered to join vassals' wars to minimise increase in threat level and avoid triggering defensive pact.

CK2 25Mar17_8

The yellow coloured land is my land i.e. Empire of Alba. The light grey coloured land belongs to Christian defensive pact states while green coloured land belongs to Muslim defensive pact. At one point, when they were still around, there was also Pagan defensive pact against me @@. This significantly reduce the expansion of my empire.

CK2 25Mar17_9

This shows land of "direct vassals". My direct vassals consisted of some kings and many dukes. So in the above, for example, the land labeled "Fes" is either directly controlled by my Duke of Fes or by his vassals (earls/countesses). The land I controlled directly is labeled as "Alba".

This mode of map was very useful when I was awarding newly conquered land so as to avoid concentration of power among my vassals.

I tried to confer titles to kinsman as far as possible. Later, when I was reasonably powerful, I took note of plots discovered by my spymaster. If the plotter was someone whose title I wanted to transfer to someone else (especially a kinsman) and the chance of success at imprisoning was very low (e.g. 1%), I triggered the imprisonment attempt so that I could put down the ensuing rebellion and thereby empowering myself to legitimately revoke the rebel's title. It was only at the the end of the game, I discovered that I could legitimately revoke 2 titles!

CK2 25Mar17_10

Yes, once again the Catholic religion was the most superior of them all. I had only a few counties left to convert at the end of the game.

CK2 25Mar17_11

Naturally, I tried to convert my vassals and consequently the populace to Scottish to eliminate cultural penalties and risk of revolt. I was, however, thwarted by my Anglo-Saxon and Irish vassals a few times if I didn't check on them regularly. I needed to bribe every now and then to appoint Scottish guardians to their heirs.

Oh, on a related note, the very first crusade was for Jerusalem (it almost always is the case) and for the first time in my games, a duke won it! Yes, an Irish duke. Goodness, I don't know how they did it.

CK2 25Mar17_12

This shows territory by dynasties. Yes, House of Zee Mau was prominent :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant