Photo album

Recently I cleared my room back at my parents' place (since they'll be relocating soon) and came across long forgotten photo albums. Photos before the advent of digital camera and camera phone.

My initial thought was to throw them away because I hadn't looked through them for years (about 7 years) and so why make space for something you don't even make use of? William suggested digitising them. At first I thought this was a good idea but now less so because I don't even look at the digital photos I have on my laptop.

A few more people, mostly my family, asked me to keep it for memory...for them, I supposed, since, like I've said, I don't look at the photos.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised at myself since the fact that I kept them in the first place (and some of them I brought all the way from Singapore) meant that I valued them in the past. I guess I'm for living in the present and plan for the future. I supposed that things I remember matter much more than things I don't remember and so is there a point trying to remember them by looking at photos?

Anyway, in the end, I did bring all of them back to Ban's place since we recently bought a cupboard and thus there's some space. We'll see when and who will look at these photos next.

Comments

Twilight Man said…
My late parents left behind some 20 big antique looking photo albums for me and I chucked it at my brother's. I also thought of keeping the soft copy and duplicate into CDs for all my siblings & their children. Some photos were taken in 1918!! Now you have given me some idea what to do with them.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Twilight Man,
Good luck in your project :)

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant